Privacy and Cookies Policy
I. General provisions
- The purpose of this document is informative.
- The administrator of the website available at:
hereinafter referred to as the “Service”,is the Maj Institute of Pharmacology Polish Academy of Sciences with its seat in Kraków, Smętna 12 Street, 31-343 Kraków, Tax no: PL6750001828, REGON no: 000325943, hereinafter referred to as “IF PAS”.
- The administrator of personal data within the meaning of the provisions on data protection personal data is the IF PAS.
- In connection with the conducted activity, the Data Administrator collects, collects and processes personal data in accordance with applicable regulations, including in particular the GDPR (Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of persons individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46 / EC and the rules for the processing of personal data provided for therein, and in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of May 10, 2018 (Journal of Laws 2018 item 1000) (hereinafter: the Personal Data Protection Act) and the Electronic Services Provision Act of July 18, 2002 (Journal of Laws of 2002, No. 144, item 1204, as amended) .
- Contact with the Data Administrator is possible via electronic means at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by traditional means – in writing to the correspondence address: Smętna 12, 31-343 Kraków, Poland
II. Principles of personal data processing
- IF PAS collects and processes personal data in accordance with applicable law, in particular with the GDPR and the principles of data processing provided for therein.
- The basis for the processing of personal data by the Institute of Physics of the Polish Academy of Sciences is the User’s consent, the need to perform contracts and the statutory authorization to process personal data.
- The IF PAS exercises special diligence to protect the interests of data subjects, and in particular ensures that the data collected by the IP PAS are:
- processed in accordance with the provisions on the protection of personal data,
- processed to the extent and for the purpose necessary to establish and properly perform the contract, its amendment or its termination.
- collected for specified, lawful purposes;
- not subjected to further processing incompatible with these purposes;
- factually correct and adequate in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- stored in a form which permits the identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose of processing.
- Personal data is collected and processed by IF PAS with due diligence and properly protected against access by unauthorized persons.
III. The scope and purposes of personal data processing
- IF PAS processes personal data for the purpose of registering event participants, communicating with participants in order to organize the conference and documenting its course.
- IF PAS requires providing only the data necessary for the proper functioning of the Website and the provision of services to Users. Failure to provide the required data and failure to consent to their processing will prevent the performance of the activity to which the data pertained.
- The scope of the processed data depends on the purpose for which the data is processed and may include:
- User’s e-mail address (e-mail address);
- the User’s first and last name;
- User’s address data;
- User’s telephone number;
- the user’s tax identification number;
- User’s billing address;
- the User’s bank account number.
- IF PAS processes personal data for the purpose of:
- enabling Users to use the website functions;
- handling the User account registration process;
- execution of orders for products and services offered by IF PAS, including participation in the 4TH Central European Biomedical Congress event;
- issuing a VAT invoice and other accounting documents related to the implementation of a given Order;
- handling inquiries sent via e-mail, including using the contact form available on the Website;
- handling the complaint or declaration of withdrawal from the contract;
- pursuing possible claims resulting from concluded contracts.
- In the event that IF PAS learns about the User’s use of the Website in a manner inconsistent with the Regulations for the Provision of Services or applicable law, the Institute of Physical Education in the Polish Academy of Sciences may process the User’s personal data to the extent necessary to determine his liability.
Iv. Rights of data subjects
- Providing any personal data is voluntary. Providing the data marked as required in the contact, registration or order forms is necessary for the proper performance of the service for the User.
- IF PAS provides the User with the possibility of exercising the rights resulting from the GDPR related to the processing of User’s personal data, including:
- the right to access your data and receive a copy thereof;
- the right to rectify (correct) your data;
- the right to delete their data (if the User claims that there are no grounds for processing his data, he may request their deletion);
- the right to limit data processing (if the User claims that there are no grounds for processing his data or the Administrator has incorrect data, he may request the limitation of data processing only to their storage or performance);
- the right to object to the processing of data (if the User demonstrates a legitimate interest which justifies the cessation of the processing covered by the objection);
- the right to transfer data (the User has the right to receive from the Data Administrator personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format and order him to send this data directly to another entity);
- the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory body in the event that the data is being processed unlawfully by the IF PAS.
- The rights indicated in point 2 are not absolute. Detailed rules related to the exercise of these rights are described in detail in the applicable legal provisions, including Art. 16-21 GDPR.
V. Time of personal data processing
- IF PAS processes data in a time depending on the type of service provided to the User:
- the processing of personal data on the basis of the legitimate interest of the Data Administrator takes place in a time enabling its implementation or until an objection to data processing is raised;
- data processing on the basis of consent takes place until its revocation;
- data processing for the purpose of concluding, performing and performing the contract takes place until the end or termination of the contract.
- IF PAS reserves the right to process the User’s data also after termination of the contract, termination of cooperation or withdrawal of consent only to the extent required by applicable law or to the extent necessary to pursue possible claims before the court or if national or EU regulations or international law oblige the Data Administrator to data retention.
VI. Data recipients and data transfer to third-parties
- The User’s personal data may be processed by the service providers on for the IF PAS services related to the processing of personal data, in particular:
- the hosting provider on whose servers the Website is hosted;
- supplier of the invoicing system supporting the issuing of VAT invoices for Users using the IP PAS offer;
- an event organization software provider;
- provider of the project management system;
- provider of e-commerce solutions through which it is possible to purchase products and services from the IF PAS offer;
- the provider of the customer service system;
- an accounting office providing accounting services of the IF PAS;
- a law firm providing legal services to the IF PAS;
- the provider of website maintenance services;
- other subcontractors, if they will provide the IF PAS services related to the necessity to access personal data.
- The cases of data transfer indicated in the preceding point do not affect the security of Users’ personal data.
- The Data Administrator has the right to disclose the User’s personal data to entities authorized under applicable law, e.g. law enforcement authorities, courts and prosecutor’s offices.
- The Data Administrator has the right to transfer the User’s personal data to the tax offices to the extent necessary to fulfill tax, billing and accounting obligations.
- Apart from the above-mentioned cases, the Institute of Physical Education will not transfer, share or sell Users’ personal data to other entities.
- Cookies are small text information stored on the User’s end device, which can be read by the IT system of the IF PAS (so-called own cookies) or the IT system of third parties (so-called third party cookies). Some of this information is removed after the end of the web browser session (so-called session cookies), others are stored on the User’s end device, allowing the User’s browser to be recognized the next time you enter the website (so-called persistent cookies).
- By using the Website with cookies enabled in the browser, the User agrees to their use.
- Disabling and deleting cookies is possible from the level of the User’s web browser settings.
- IF PAS uses Google Analytics and Facebook Analytics to collect information on the way Users use the Website administered by the IF PAS. The data collected using Google Analytics is not personal data, it does not allow the identification of the User and includes in particular:
- information about the User’s operating system and web browser;
- the content that the User browses on the Website;
- activities that the User takes on the Website;
- time spent by the User on individual pages of the Website;
- transitions between individual subpages within the Website;
- the source from which the User came to the Website.
- IF PAS uses marketing tools available on social networking sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram) to target personalized advertisements to the User. The decision to display a personalized advertisement is made automatically by the algorithm of a given social website, based on the settings defined by the Institute of Physics of the Polish Academy of Sciences. The settings may be determined by information about the User, such as interests, age, activities previously undertaken on the IF PAS websites. This information does not identify a specific User.
- IF PAS may use solutions of other third parties to improve the functioning of the Websites, thus using cookies and other tracking technologies of the providers of these solutions.
IX. The server logs
- Using the Websites involves sending queries to the server on which the Websites are hosted. Each query to the server is saved in the server logs.
- Logs include data such as:
- the IP address from which the query comes;
- date and time of the event;
- information about errors that occurred during the execution of the http transaction;
- URL address of the page from which the User was redirected to the Website pages, if the page was accessed via a link (link);
- the type and browser of the User;
- information about the User’s operating system.
- The data stored in the server logs are not associated with specific Users using the Services and are not used by the Institute of Physics of the Polish Academy of Sciences to identify the User.
X. Final provisions